Celal Bayar University School of Applied Sciences was first established on May 30, 1997 under the name of “Akhisar School of Applied Sciences” which is legitimated by the House of Ministers. The department of International Trade at the School of Applied Sciences started education in 1999 with 40 students at its building in Manisa city center. The department of Banking and Finance was established in 2002 with 50 students and expanded its education with a night school in 2005. Within the same year, the name of the school was changed to School of Applied Sciences. Today the School of Applied Sciences has over 1500 students and 32 academic staff for the 2015-2016 academic year.
Today, School of Applied Sciences, located in Muradiye Campus in Manisa, consists of two departments: Department of Banking and Finance (day and night school) and Department of International Trade. The school offers four-year undergraduate degrees in the areas of Banking & Finance and International Trade. The classes are taught Turkish only for the Banking and Finance, where at least 30 % of the courses are taught in English in the International Trade program.